Mark Galambos is a Partner at Lakefield and a leader in the Lakefield Family Law Group, working exclusively in the area of family law. His experience includes drafting interspousal contracts, separation agreements and agreements pertaining to assisted reproduction and parentage matters. Mark’s practice covers all aspects of family law – common law relationships, Family Services applications, property division, spousal support, child support/custody/access and divorce matters before all levels of Court in Saskatchewan.
Mark is knowledgeable in Court-based negotiations, Summary Judgment applications, Queen’s Bench Chambers and Trial appearances. His family law training and practice also extends to mediation, negotiation and Collaborative Law. Mark is a collaboratively trained lawyer with accreditation through the Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan Inc.
He is active in writing, speaking and educating both lawyers and the public through television, periodicals and personal presentations throughout Saskatchewan. Mark takes great satisfaction in knowing that he has helped his clients through difficult times. Some of Mark’s reported decisions are as follows:
- Counsel for father in often cited decision involving determination of farm and corporate income in Saskatchewan – Guenther v. Guenther 2016 SKQB 322;
- Counsel for mother in often cited interim spousal support decision after multi-year marriage – Wendt v. Wendt 2016 SKQB 227
- Counsel for mother in complex mobility trial – Riel v. Riel 2016 SKQB 174
- Counsel for family in Family Services matter where attempts were made to remove the children from their family – EL (Re), 2011 SKQB 23
- Counsel for father in complex mobility trial – RA v. SL, 2011 SKQB 259
Mark loves to spend time with his family and friends, golfing, camping and cooking a great meal.
- Collaborative Law Training, Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan Inc.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Lethbridge, 2006
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 2008
- Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar, 2009
- Member, Saskatchewan Criminal Defence Lawyers Association
- Editor and Board Executive, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch
- Member, Saskatoon Bar Association
- Treasurer and Board Executive, Saskatoon Bar Association
- Volunteer, Pro-Bono Students Canada – Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner-City Inc. (CLASSIC)
- Volunteer, Public Legal Education Association (PLEA)
- Volunteer, Adult Education Program, City Centre Church
- Volunteer, Royal Canadian Legion Poppy Campaign
- Member, Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan
People often approach me with questions about the result adultery can have on their marital relationship or post-separation situations. Most people believe…
A recent decision from the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench, Anderson v. Anderson, 2018 SKQB 182, seems to clarify the broad scope…
There are issues in family law that seem to be popping up more and more frequently. As family law practitioners, it is…