Tyler Wake has a broad practice in the areas of business law, real estate, estate planning, and estate administration that includes a focus on the life cycle of a business, mergers and acquisitions, and succession planning for families, entrepreneurs, and privately-held businesses.
In his business law practice, Tyler has considerable experience in matters relating to the purchase and sale of businesses, corporate governance, franchising, supply and service agreements, and commercial and residential real estate. Tyler provides advice on business start-ups, organizations and reorganizations, shareholder and partner disputes, property co-ownership disputes, procuring goods and services, partnerships, joint ventures, and financing through commercial lenders and private capital. He also advises several charitable and membership not-for-profit organizations. Tyler’s commercial clients have ranged from entrepreneurs and family-owned and operated businesses to First Nation Bands and publicly-traded mining companies.
In his estate planning and succession practice, Tyler advises clients on all matters relating to wills, powers of attorney, health care directives, trusts, real estate, guardianship and co-decision making orders, probate, and estate administration.
Tyler has published several articles and presented to various organizations on topics including business law, director liability, estate planning, estate litigation and privacy issues.
In his spare time, Tyler enjoys coaching and watching hockey, playing guitar in Saskatoon cover bands, and surfing trips from Huntington Beach, CA, to Tofino, BC. But mostly he enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.
- Bachelor of Arts (with honours), University of Saskatchewan, 2003
- Bachelor of Laws (with distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2006
- Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar, 2007
- Director and Vice-Chair, Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc.
- Director, Saskatoon Condominium Corporation
- Legal Advisor, Pink Wig Foundation Inc.
- Legal Advisor, Love My Mind Initiative Inc.
- Young Entrepreneur Mentor, North Saskatoon Business Association (NSBA)
- Member, The Saskatoon Club
- Member, Family Business Association Saskatoon
- Past Director, Saskatoon Blues Society Inc.
- Past Advisory Board Member, Wake Ride Festival Association Inc.
- Past Goaltending Coach, Greater Saskatoon Hockey League (GSHL)