Neil McPhee is a courtroom lawyer practicing primarily in the area of family law. He routinely helps parents obtain structured time with their children and achieve fair resolution in all financial and property matters. Neil has won awards for his advocacy skills. Most notably, he was a finalist in the Atlantic Canadian Debating Championships, and represented Dalhousie at the World University Debate Championships in Cork, Ireland. While still a student, he competed in the Bowman Tax Moot and placed second in the country.
Q: Who is a non-politician you wish would run for office?
A: Roger Federer
Q: If I wasn’t a lawyer I’d probably be a…
A: Philosophy professor
Q: I’m happiest when I’m able to…
A: Go to bed early
Q: What one dead person would you most like to have dinner with, if it were possible?
A: My grandparents’ parents.
Q: What was the greatest television show of all time?
A: The West Wing
- Successfully helped non-profit corporations recover over $120,000 in damages from embezzlements: Mutual Equity, Trade and Investment Services Inc. v Archerwill Metis Local #58 Inc., 2016 SKQB 27
- Defended a condominium corporation and all of its unit owners from a claim to property brought by the building’s developer. 101073294 Saskatchewan Ltd. v Condominium Corporation No. 101159043, 2017 SKQB 236
- Obtaining a 50-50 shared parenting arrangement after a father had been deprived of parenting time with his son for over a year.
- Defended an estate against a child support claim brought by a former spouse.
- Helped a father move back into his home after being kicked out by his former spouse.
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Saskatchewan Trial Lawyer’s Association