Michael Stevens became a Partner in 2021, maintaining a general corporate commercial practice with a primary focus on share and asset transactions in various industries. He has acted for both purchasers and sellers on a variety of commercial transactions. Additionally, Michael has extensive experience preparing, negotiating, and advising on a broad range of research and research-related agreements for both public and private research institutions. Prior to joining Lakefield, Michael clerked at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal and worked in the research services office of a large Canadian university. His love for the legal profession and research merge frequently, including acting for a research-based company being purchased for over $110,000,000.
Acting for a wide-array of clients with all legal and contractual needs, Mike’s primary focus is on share and assets transactions. Published in the Alberta Law Review and formerly managing editor of the Saskatchewan Law Review, Mike has also taken home the prestigious Douglas A. Schmeiser Prize in Constitutional Law.
- Juris Doctor (with Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan (2013)
- Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar (2014)
- Director, Crime Stoppers Saskatoon
- Vice-Chair, Business Law North Section, Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch)
- Executive Director & Stage Manager, Legal Follies Variety Show
- Councillor, University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union
- Managing Editor, Saskatchewan Law Review