Tyler joined WMCZ as an associate in 2015
Q: My favorite food is…
A: Pickled Beets.
Q: My favorite day of the year is…
A: Christmas Day, but feel free to call it what you want.
Q: My favorite song is…
A: Desperados Under The Eaves – Warren Zevon
Q: My favorite quotation is…
A: “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor”
Q: My favorite thing about being lawyer is…
A: The clients. Saskatchewan is full of great people. My answer could change if I had to move.
Q: The greatest television show of all time was…
A: It’s a tie between Saturday Night’s Main Event on NBC (pre-1991 WWF) and Hockey Night In Canada on CBC (pre-2015 NHL)
- Counsel to junior mining company in development of multi-million dollar quarry mine in Northern SK.
- Counsel to First Nation Bands in negotiating supply and service agreements with mining companies in SK.
- Purchaser’s counsel in acquisition of automotive dealerships in both SK and BC.
- Purchaser’s counsel in acquisition of financial and insurance services brokerage and medical, dental, and chiropractic practices in SK.
- Vendor’s counsel in sale of automotive dealerships in BC and sale of international retail yoga and athletic-wear franchise in Saskatoon, SK.
- Franchisee’s counsel in acquisition of national retail and restaurant franchises in Saskatoon, SK.
- Purchaser’s counsel in acquisition of commercial real estate for automotive repair shop in Warman, SK.
- Vendor’s counsel in sale of commercial real estate for automotive dealership in Saskatoon, SK.
- Tenant’s counsel in lease of retail commercial space at River Centre, Scotia Centre, and the Avenue Building in Saskatoon, SK.
- Landlord’s counsel in lease of office and industrial space on urban reserve in Saskatoon, SK.
Areas of Specialty:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements and closing documents; performing due diligence.
- Corporate Proceedings & Governance: advising on corporate reorganizations and shareholder agreements; advising directors, officers and shareholders on D&O liability, shareholder rights, shareholder disputes, compliance and annual meeting requirements.
- Lending and Borrowing: advising on credit and loan agreements and related security agreements and registrations.
- First Nations’ Economic Development: structuring joint ventures, partnerships, limited partnerships, and corporate organizations for economic development.
- Franchising & Commercial Leasing: negotiating and drafting franchise agreements, licensing agreements, equipment leases, and real estate licenses and leases.
- Succession Planning: advising clients, including executors, administrators, trustees and beneficiaries, on all matters relating to wills, powers of attorney, health care directives, testamentary and inter vivos trusts, guardianship applications, and estate administration.
- Not-for-Profit: advising membership and charitable non-profit corporations and associations.
Publications and Presentations
- “Dealing With the Unexpected: Things to Consider When the Deal Goes Awry”, Law Society of Saskatchewan, Buying and Selling a Business Seminar (2014).
- “Fiduciary Duty and Director Liability”, Presenter, KPMG and United Way’s Governance Best Practices Update (2014).
- “Estate Planning and Litigation Trends”, Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting 2014.
- “Privacy Issues with Online Services After Death”, CBA Wills, Estates & Elder Law (Saskatchewan North) Section (2014).
- “The Power of Planning Ahead”, presenter, Will Power Week (Saskatoon Community Foundation, 2013-2014).
- “Corporate and Commercial Law for Junior Lawyers”, panelist, Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting 2013.
- “Debts and Insolvent Estates”, presenter, Estate Planning Council of Saskatoon, (2012).
Current Positions and Memberships
- Director, Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc.
- Director, Saskatoon Blues Society Inc.
- Advisory Board, Pink Wig Foundation Inc.
- Advisory Board, Wake Ride Festival Association Inc.
- Advisory Board, AIESEC Canada, University of Saskatchewan Chapter
- Entrepreneur Mentorship, North Saskatoon Business Association (NSBA)
- Goaltending Coach, Greater Saskatoon Hockey League (GSHL)
- Member, The Saskatoon Club