Mark has been with the firm since 2008 and became a co-owner in 2017.
Q: My favorite food is…
A: Quiche Lorraine. When I grew up, I really loved cooking. Making quiche is actually quite simple and it was one of the first things in the kitchen that I was confident making. It also made me feel very advanced with my culinary expertise, what with the title “Quiche Lorraine” and all. The seven year old me would sit on the couch watching Saturday morning cartoons, munching on the cheesy egg and bacon goodness.
Q: I am happiest when I am able to…
A: Spend some time with my family out on the golf course. Recently, on a getaway to Mexico, my wife and 7 year old joined me for a round just outside of Cancun. It was great fun to watch my son flail away at the ball, although the round was interrupted at one point by a massive crocodile. Thankfully the croc did not seem to mind that we were playing on his course.
Q: My favorite day of the year is…
A: The day before a big holiday! I organize an annual golf trip with some friends and we have traveled all over Western Canada. I love packing up my gear and getting ready to head out on these fun adventures!
Q: If I could meet anyone from history, it would be…
A: Nostradamus. I think it would be fun to ask him if he just made it all up. I think he probably did.
Q: My favorite song is…
A: Probably Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash. My dad is a musician, and I have strong childhood recollections of listening to dad belt out some Johnny Cash around the kitchen table with neighbourhood friends
- Successfully represented client in lengthy Family Law mobility trial in Queen’s Bench court
- Travel remote communities to defend those accused of Criminal Code offences e.g. a matter in The Pas, Manitoba, resulting in complete withdrawal of charges against client in significant indictable offence matter;
- Assist with drafting and review of Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program applications and other immigration related applications such as work, travel and study permits;
- Directed civil litigation matters, from pleadings through mediation and discoveries and ultimately to the resolution of the matter.
- Board of Directors, Saskatchewan Golf Association (Golf Saskatchewan)
- Member, Saskatchewan Criminal Defence Lawyers Association
- Member, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association Member, Saskatchewan Branch
- Member, Saskatoon Bar Association
- Member, Saskatchewan Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs (SYPE)
- Volunteer, Pro-Bono Students Canada – Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner-City Inc. (CLASSIC)
- Volunteer, Prince Albert Exhibition
- Volunteer, Public Legal Education Association (PLEA)
- Volunteer, Adult Education Program, City Centre Church
- Volunteer, Royal Canadian Legion Poppy Campaign