WMCZ handles the things most businesses require — corporate registrations, company planning, commercial financing, purchase and sales of businesses and tax law (including income tax, GST and PST). We have extensive experience with business succession planning as well as public and private financing arrangements. Mark Dolan, Kelly Bode, and Jamie Herle are well-versed in these transactions.
We have notable strengths in new and emerging areas. For example, Mark, Jamie and Craig Zawada provide intellectual property advice in ag-biotech, computer law, licensing, trade-marks, trade secret law and others.
- Counsel to major hotel ownership and hospitality management company, handling purchases of properties in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Services include preparation and negotiation of management agreements for other properties in role as resort/hotel managers
- Counsel for purchasers in a multi-million dollar management buy-out of an international manufacturing business, including financing from banks and venture capital funds
- Represented vendors in sale of $34 million manufacturing company with operations and sales throughout North America
- Represent public companies in administrative matters, including organization of annual general meetings and continuous disclosure requirements
- Purchases and sales of commercial property, including shopping centres, greenfield projects, office towers and farmland
- Lender’s counsel for business financing projects in multiple sectors, including manufacturing, agriculture, real estate holdings and resource companies
- Purchaser’s counsel on a $19 million multi-property acquisition from a vendor in CCAA proceedings
- Have acted for both purchasers and vendors of oil and gas properties and companies on transactions ranging from $1 million to $14 million.